Your time, energy and expertise are vital to Bentley’s success. Become a volunteer today, by choosing an activity that best suits your schedule! Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form and learn more about all of our volunteer opportunities below. The Office of Alumni and Family Engagement and Annual Giving will provide you with the most up-to-date information on Bentley.
Be social: Follow along and join the conversation! Here’s everywhere you can find Bentley on social.
Facebook: Bentley University and Bentley University Alumni
LinkedIn: Bentley University and Bentley University Community
Twitter: @bentleyu and @bentleyalumni
Instagram: @bentleyu and @bentleyalumni
The more you share on social media, the more we can raise awareness about everything that makes Bentley such an incredible community. Become a Social Media Ambassador:
- Follow and engage with Bentley’s alumni and university social media accounts
- Share Bentley content that resonates with you
- Share and create posts during critical times of the year, such as Giving Tuesday and Reunion
- Have fun and be creative!
Time Commitment: A minimum of one year + about 20 minutes per month (total) — or more, if you’re super socially savvy!
Welcome newly admitted students and their families to the Falcon fold!
- Call them to answer questions and encourage them to support the Bentley Fund
- Host a welcome reception at your home, club or business
- Attend yield events
- Suggest Bentley to students who impress you
- Promote Bentley Fund efforts, like Giving Tuesday and alumni giving challenges
Time Commitment: It’s up to you!
Welcome new alumni to your town!
- Host a small gathering of Bentley alumni (with our support) in your region
- Call new alumni beyond your region, welcoming them to the alumni community
Time commitment: Varies (based on your availability and the number of new alumni in your region)
Bentley Chapter volunteers work together to offer events and programs in more than 14 regional communities or Chapters. We need enthusiastic volunteers to plan and implement a full calendar of events for each region.
Time Commitment: A minimum of one year + 30-minute monthly conference call + attendance at the events you help create!
Locations: Check out our Chapters
Organize a coffee break at a local café to meet alumni in your area and share Bentley stories and your latest life news.
Time commitment: At least once (we suggest 30- to 45-minute get togethers)
Location: Anywhere; if you live in a region where there is an established Chapter, feel free to work with this group or host your own event. Meet our Chapter leaders.
Sixty percent of Bentley students study abroad; some may be in your area right now! Welcome them to the area, by meeting or hosting them for a meal, or simply connecting by a friendly phone call, email or coffee meetup.
Time commitment: Up to you! From a quick email exchange to an hour-long get together
Do you live outside the U.S.? Fellow alumni traveling near you might be apprehensive or have questions about your country. Help them navigate and acclimate to their new surroundings with a friendly phone call or coffee meetup.
Time commitment: Varies; (typically no more than 1 to 2 hours over 1 to 3 months)
Build engagement and awareness among your classmates:
- Attend events and Reunion whenever possible; engagement starts with showing up!
- Actively engage with Bentley’s social media accounts on the platforms you use (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Encourage classmates to update their contact details and job information, and submit class notes about their life achievements to Bentley Magazine
- Lead by example with an annual gift to the Bentley Fund
- Personally solicit classmates for donations to the Bentley Fund, particularly during moments of importance like #Giving Tuesday
- Act as an extension of Bentley to share important university communications from the university to your class
Time Commitment: A minimum of one year + about one hour per month — or more at your discretion
Did you graduate from Bentley within the last 10 years? Help us design and plan opportunities for our most recent alumni classes:
- Actively engage with Bentley’s social media accounts on the platforms you use (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram)
- Help plan and implement professional and social events with engaging topics for FOLD alumni
- Spread the word to your peers about FOLD activities and other Bentley updates
Time commitment: A minimum of one year + about 1-2 hours per month
Location: Anywhere with a concentration of FOLD alumni; right now, that’s primarily Boston, New York City and San Francisco
If you don’t know about the Gloria Cordes Larson Center for Women and Business, take a look. This pioneering center is inspiring the next generation of women leaders at Bentley — and they would love your insight and guidance. Share your career journey at a student-alumni networking event, in a mentor circle or more, and receive quarterly updates on corporate and student programs in return.
Time commitment: It’s up to you!
Location: On campus
From mock interviews to student recruitment for your company, there are so many ways to share your career expertise with Bentley!
Get in touch with the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement at email@example.com or 781-891-2025.