Bentley University is one of the nation's leading business schools, dedicated to preparing a new kind of business leader with technical expertise, a broad global perspective, and high ethical standards.
Given that the business world and our environment are inextricably linked and that corporate social responsibility is becoming ubiquitous, Bentley students understand that companies need to consider the triple bottom line—people, planet, and profit. By helping students integrate sustainability into their Bentley experience—in the classroom, in sustainability-focused student organizations, and in the corporate world through internships and service-learning—the Office of Sustainability aims to set an example for sustainable business practices.
The university has committed to carbon-neutrality by the year 2030. This ambitious goal reflects an institutional response to growing concerns over the adverse effects of climate change and prompted the development of The Bentley University Office of Sustainability to lead us in this pursuit. Named one of the most environmentally responsible colleges in the country by the Princeton Review, Bentley is finding innovative ways to reduce its footprint while continuing to support the top-rated resources the campus has to offer.
However, this goal cannot be achieved alone; rather, collaboration and enthusiasm among students, faculty and staff alike ensures that Bentley’s sustainability efforts are not simply the actions of a small group of administrators but the accomplishments of the entire community.
To mobilize sustainability leadership in business by:
- Modeling sustainable operations through balancing environmental resource efficiency, financial stability and societal benefit;
- Supporting sustainability teaching in the classroom with opportunities to apply this knowledge to real-world challenges; and
- Partnering with the business community to expand career opportunities in emerging markets.
- The university has a framework and decision-making process in place that upholds sustainability is a core value and commitment across all departments and throughout the student body.
- Each member of the campus community has a functional understanding of the environmental and social principles of sustainability
- Bentley alumni are ethical, environmental and socially responsible organizational leaders, entrepreneurs and citizens
- Bentley is continually striving for carbon neutrality, zero waste generation, a socially just and inclusive community.