We’re delighted that you are considering transferring to Bentley University! We recognize the decision to transfer is a significant one, and we will work closely with you to make the application process as stress-free as possible.
Apply as a transfer student
|Term of Entry||Application Deadline||Decision Notification||Enrollment Deposit|
|Fall 2020||April 1||Rolling (after April 1)||Rolling|
|Spring 2020||November 1||Rolling (after November 1)||Rolling|
What you'll need to apply
Required of all students:
- Application form with $75 fee. Please note: the Common Application website is only supported by Internet Explorer 10, FireFox and Chrome.
- Core curriculum requirements: we strongly suggest all applicants have completed at least pre-calculus.
- Official transcripts. Submit an official transcript from all universities you have attended, as well as a high school transcript with the date of your graduation or GED score report.
- A Midterm Report should be submitted once you have taken mid-year exams or completed midterm assignments and the professor has returned those grades. You can submit this form by email. It is not required if you are not currently enrolled in college courses.
- The Transfer College Report should be sent to our office by email, U.S. mail or fax at +1(781)891-3414.
- Two letters of recommendation. We prefer that you submit recommendations from college professors, however, you may submit a reference from an employer or high school teacher in lieu of one professor recommendation.
- Standardized test scores. We require you to take the SAT or ACT if you have fewer than 30 semester hours of collegiate academic credit. If English is not your primary language, you’ll also need to submit official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing Systems (IELTS) exam. The requirement may be waived and will be reviewed on a case by case basis. The preferred minimum scores are TOEFL: 233 computer-based, 577 paper-based or 90 Internet-based (score of 100 or better encouraged). We also require a minimum score of 20 on each of the TOEFL subsections. IELTS: 7, with a minimum score of 7 on each of the IELTS subsections. Your results may be sent to us directly from the testing agency or indicated on your official secondary school transcript. Use the following codes as needed on your application materials: SAT: 3096; ACT: 1783; TOEFL: 3096
International Transfer Applicants:
In addition to submitting the above, international transfer applicants who are admitted and elect to enroll will be required to submit the following:
- Sponsor Support Form. If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit the Sponsor Support Form for an I-20 to be issued. If you prefer, you may complete the top portion of this form (Applicant Statement) and attach a signed letter from a parent or sponsor indicating their willingness to pay educational expenses not less than $74,009 USD (or its foreign currency equivalency.)
- Certificate of Financial Resources Form. If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit the Certificate of Financial Resources form in order for an I-20 to be issued. If you do not complete this form, you must submit one of the following:
A bank letter from your parent or sponsor's bank, signed by a bank official, verifying the availability of funds, an amount not less than $74,009 USD (or its foreign currency equivalency).
A bank statement in your parent or sponsor's name, verifying the availability of funds, an amount not less than $74,009 USD (or its foreign currency equivalency). Because some countries limit the amount of money that may be sent to the United States, it is important to inquire about your country's regulations concerning the transfer of such funds. Our Center for International Students and Scholars can help you prepare documentation for visa issuance.
- Passport photocopy. If you are admitted to Bentley and elect to enroll, you must submit a copy of your passport page with biographical information. You must provide a copy of the passport you will use to apply for your F-1 visa (multiple passport copies will not be accepted). If you are currently studying in the United States, submit a copy of your I-20 and student visa as well. We recommend scanning this information and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information for your application
Once you have submitted your application, we’ll send you an ID number for BentleyConnect, our online portal, which you can use to check the status of your application.
All courses you have taken at other institutions will be evaluated to determine if they are comparable to course work at Bentley. Learn more about our transfer credit policies.
Contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission
Academic Year Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours: Monday to Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Phone: +1(781)-891-2244; +1(800)-523-2354